Hello community! Firstly, on behalf of the team and myself, I’d like to thank the UbuntuDDE Remix Community and our precious donors, patrons, sponsors, supporters and well-wishers for motivating and supporting us for our next release. This was pretty much a long wait for everyone of us, but finally we are now ready to launch our LTS release.
Personally, I’d like to thank Felix Yan (from Arch Linux), justforlxz (from Deepin), Hualet Wang (from Deepin), Dmitry Shachnev (Debian Developer and Ubuntu Developer), Jot Singh (mustang), my fellow UbuntuDDE core team and everyone else for always supporting and helping us throughout the journey.
And today, we’re back with our most awaited release, UbuntuDDE Remix 22.04 codenamed “jammy” (Jammy Jellyfish). Jammy is an LTS release which will have a long term support.
Key features of UbuntuDDE Remix 22.04 Jammy
- Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy base system.
- Inclusion of DDE Grand Search (press Shift + Space bar to activate)
- Upgraded versions of DTK based native applications preinstalled including Deepin Music, Deepin Movie, Image Viewer, Boot Maker, System Monitor, Deepin Calculator, Deepin Text Editor, Deepin Terminal and more.
- Firefox from Mozilla Team PPA as the default web browser.
- LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 as default office package.
- Latest Ubuntu base packages preinstalled.
- Linux Kernel 5.15.0 with new NTFS file system driver and new in-kernel SMB file server.
- New beautiful wallpapers and assets from the UbuntuDDE Remix Team and Deepin.
- Activated QT based styling in Calamares Installer for easy Installation of the Distribution.
- DDE Store preinstalled (thanks to Dekzi)
- Future more exciting software updates through OTA updates.
Recommended System Requirements
RAM: Minimum of 4 GB.
Drive Space: At least 20 GB free space.
CPU: At least 2 GHz Processor or better.
To try/install the Operating System, head towards our Download page and to support our project financially, visit our Donate page. Learn more about this release, please visit the Features page and checkout some screenshot collection in our Digital Assets page.
If you encounter any issue or need help from the awesome community, visit our Support page. To report an issue or search for an existing bug, visit our Github Issue Tracker.
Arun Kumar Pariyar,
Project Lead, UbuntuDDE Remix